NEWS & NOTES
We have a new and more informative site. Please browse through and enjoy.
2.18.2018 During a meeting on Feb.18, 2018, the DOT informed the AHC that a new website specifically tailored to the agricultural industry will be unveiled in the next week, with a dedicated contact for agricultural questions, and they will begin to develop a F.A.Q. to more clearly address the questions which they receive.
The AHC encourages the industry to reach out to state law enforcement to determine how best to comply with state regulations. For further information, scroll down this page and start reading the information ‘Not for Hire’.
Watch for updates here.
- Keep your horse safe – SC recommended_horsevaccines
- When we find ourself in desperate situations – SCHorseDisasterPlan
- Two informative articles on handling animal neglect or abuse: What to do if you suspect neglect, USEF Cruelty Guidelines, SC state law on Animal Welfare
- Brochure for Anderson County Sheriff’s Mounted Search and Rescue Team
- This disease seems to be making a comeback in SC Strangles
- Update yourself on signs of this deadly disease Equine Herpes Virus Myeloencephalophy
- Here is some interesting information about Fant’s Grove trails 2017 Fants Grove Flyer
- Find anything you would want to know about horse health and more: The Horse Online Magazine
Interesting reading for horse enthusiasts:
- NOT FOR HIRE – ELD MANDATE AND THE HORSE INDUSTRY
- American Horse Council – AHC-Request-for-DOT-Clarification
- From the American Horse Council – CDL-Brochure-v4
- From the American Horse Council – ELD-Mandate-Brochure-2017.5
- Transportation laws can vary from state to state. As such, the AHC recommends contacting field organizations that deliver program services to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA). – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Contacts
- Want to listen to the AHC Webinar? Copy and Paste or click on the following link: https://fccdl.in/SaNFIfL7v